Monday, November 5, 2007

It's Sooooo Cold!

This is the beginning of our third year in the mountains, so you'd think we'd have gotten used to the climate. Perhaps our internal thermostats were ruined by five years in the relentless heat and humidity on the island of Guanaja - because we are feeling really COLD.

We've pulled out the comforters and quilts, sweaters, sweats, socks and even knitted caps - after all, it's like 65 degrees right now! Yesterday, our family went swimming/soaking at the hot water springs just outside of town. This is actually more pleasant during cold weather, as the heat of the water is a bit too much when the air is also hot. Of course, getting out of the hot water takes a bit of nerve!

Truthfully, we love the cool weather. We figure, if it gets cold, you can always put on more clothes. When it gets hot, there are only so many we can take off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I almost hate to show my ignorance, but here I go....so even though you are in the mts. in Central America, will the leaves change colors? I really was shocked when I got there that the higher up I went, the more I felt I was in North Carolina. Before we went there, I expected to see monkeys much like I did in Costa Rica, but I suppose since you are not on the coast, it is a tad bit different. ??? Just curious to know how much of the change of seasons you get.

Here in FL it has been a bit chilly, think the high tomorrow will be 70, but I don't expect to see any pretty colors in our trees.

Keep warm!!!

Jill
Orange Park, FL