Sunday, November 25, 2007

We're a blogging family, now

My children often contribute the photos which I use in this blog. Frequently they attend ministry events while I stay home. Sometimes I send them out to get photos for me, of specific things around town.

Recently Kirstin was unpacking a box in her room. This was one of the boxes which I allowed the children to pack before we left the states. At that time, we thought we would be in Honduras for two or three years. Each child was allowed to pack one box with personal items that they wanted to store until they returned to the US. Earlier this year, after almost seven years in Honduras, we cleared out all of the items we had stored in Grandma's house, choosing to get rid of some items, and shipping others south.

So, in this box Kirstin was unpacking, she found a craft made out of some sort of modeling clay, which one of the children had stored. The item has been in humid Honduras for a few months, and has now acquired an interesting patina . . . of mold!

Instead of throwing out this lovely item, Rachel decided to take a photo. She thought I might want to use it on the blog. Ummm, okay. Here is a photo of a child's clay sculpture of a dog's head, growing mold. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kim & Dave said...

Made me smile, Trish!!!

:-)