Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm Baaaaaack - and boy am I busy!

Well, the team arrived safely back in Gracias on Friday after their trip to La Frontera, and now they have returned to their homes and families. This particular team had one team member who was the official videographer of the trip, and of course individuals on the team took many pictures on their own cameras. They will be compiled into one collection, and that will be sent to us. However, I don't have them yet! My own family brought me back only a few photos, as they were too busy working to take pictures - or so they tell me!

Here are a few shots, of this team in Candelaria.

Arriving at the center of town, and unloading the medicines.

Counting the meds, to set up the pharmacy. Many medicines have to be brought through customs in bulk, and then the teams must package them for distribution before they can start running clinics.

The light coming in the window ruined the quality of this picture, but I am using it anyway, so you can see how these teams work in limited space, just getting the job done in spite of the limited available resources! These ladies are laying out the medicines for the pharmacy, on a gurney and a crib.

Dr Julio, seeing patients

Sorry, by the way, that I've not posted this update sooner. As soon as the team departed, the kids and I started in on our next big project, the Christmas gift distribution. For various reasons we have not yet received the shipments of gifts from the states, but we expect them later this week. Both shipments have arrived in port, and we have to do the paperwork (and pay) to get them through customs and delivered to Gracias. Meanwhile, we have gift items left over from last year, and from other shipments earlier in the year, which we have been sorting and organizing.

Here is the current state of our living room, as we work on this:

This is my explanation and excuse, for not posting in a few days. I am literally up to my eyebrows in Christmas work here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much for your quiet week organizing! It is a big job, but I know the Sower's are up to it! I love the team pictures, brings back happy memories of Green Mountain! Hope they had a good week.
Jane McSweeney

Anonymous said...

Oh what a difference a day makes... I was actually sitting at that table saturday morning... God bless the continued good work and may he give you abounding energy...