Sunday, December 30, 2007

Our (Delayed) Christmas Morning

The Christmas presents were especially great this year, plus there was a lot of chocolate! I think everyone received gifts that they really, really wanted. Even me, but that's because I bought my own gifts! ;-D

The only crazy thing was that we had soooooo many people stop by during the time we were opening presents. We really didn't want to invite people in, while we had our 'rich gringo' booty all over the living room. We had a pastor come to buy a Bible, a lady we are helping with a medical need who needed more medicine, and a neighbor who likes to come by and say 'hi.' After the third guest, we stopped answering the door, but we had to be very quiet, otherwise people would know we were home but not answering. We were calling it our 'sneaky Christmas,' and whenever anyone got a bit too boisterous, someone would remind them not to "alert the enemy to our position." It was silly and fun. I'm sure it will be one of those memories the children will remember and tell their children, when they have some.

Some of the great gifts?

Rachel's loom, of course. We still haven't put it up, as things are so busy with the gift distribution for the pastors. But, we probably won't wait too much longer to start on it. She also got a lot of jewelry making supplies.

Kirstin received drawing and painting supplies, and she is enjoying those in her spare time.

It wouldn't be Christmas for Bethany without a Barbie, and she received several, including some 'boy Barbies' which she needed for her make believe. (You need to have Daddies, if you're going to play family.)

Christopher was surprised by his gift. He didn't know he was getting a boom box that plays cassette tapes. A lot of his audio books are on cassette, and all of our cassette players had died. He is enjoying listening to some of the tapes he hasn't heard in a while.

I received some supplies for making cheese. I've been making a few simple cheeses, and wanted to extend my repertoire. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. I also got a grain mill and heavy duty mixer for making whole wheat bread.

David's joy was overwhelming, because he received a tie! He sure does love to dress up! He's headed out the door to church right now, so I'll try to get a picture of him when he gets back home, and post it then.

3 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

"Sneaky Christmas!"

Too cute, Trish!

Made me smile!

Anonymous said...

Really, really sorry I missed it ;-(

Anonymous said...

Hey Trish
Can you buy wheat in Honduras? For the grain mill? Or do you have to import it? I am thinking of getting a grain mill and making bread from scratch too...but then it seems a little daunting and I don't. :-]
Maybe this year...
Beth