Friday, December 7, 2007

Team due back from La Frontera this afternoon

You may have noticed that there hasn't been a lot of interesting news going into the blog this week. That's because I'm having a vacation of sorts. Allen took our visiting team and five of the kids up to La Frontera for the week. Only Kirstin stayed home, and she's been concentrating on her college courses. The family took the camera with them, and I'm sure they will return with many wonderful photos and stories. So, hang on another day, and I should have some good, fresh blog-fodder!

Today will be spent doing a bit of cleaning and organizing, plus preparing a dinner and breakfast for the team. As they are leaving Gracias very early tomorrow for their trip back to the airport, Allen requested a breakfast for the road. I think that will be either muffins or sausage biscuits, depending on how motivated we feel this afternoon.

Just for fun, to tide you over until the new pictures and stories arrive, here are a couple of pictures of the BucketBoy. The first is a recent picture, to compare with the photo from several years ago.

October 2007


Undated - sometime in 2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Trish
I love your blog!!
So how far away is La Frontera and what was the team doing while they were there? Is it a remote area like Green Mountain? You are always in our prayers...
Love Beth
PS Say hello to everyone for me.

Trish said...

Oh, Beth, thanks for reminding me! I meant to put a link to the map to La Frontera in this post today.

La Frontera is farther away than Green Mountain, but the roads are better. I am planning a post about your trip to Green Mountain in the near future, so watch for that!

Here is the link: http://sowers4pastors.blogspot.com/2007/11/venturing-to-la-frontera.html