Friday, December 14, 2007

You'll never guess where I went today . . .the bank, again!

Yes, I had another banking adventure today. I still needed to get cash out, and I also needed to pay the phone bill. Russell was able to pay the electric bill the other day, but the system for paying the phone bill (not the entire bank computer system, but just the system that maintains the info for phone payments) was out the day he went.

Today, woo hoo, I was finally able to withdraw some cash. However, I still wasn't able to pay the phone bill. That system is still down. I asked the teller, "Should I come back tomorrow?" and he replied, "Posiblemente." I'm guessing you can figure out what that means.

When your phone bill is overdue by a certain amount, the phone company halfway disconnects your phone, so that you can receive calls, but you can't make outgoing calls. Our phone has now been changed in this manner, as a helpful reminder to us to get in there and pay our bill. Which I would very much like to do, and have been trying to do for a while now! Oh well, tomorrow - posiblemente!

No comments: