Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm dreaming of . . .


Do you know how long it's been since I've had an automatic dishwasher?

I've lived in Honduras for 7 years now, so you can easily guess that it has been at least that long. In fact, the last 3 years we lived in Maryland, we didn't have one, either.

Ten loooooooooooooooooooong years without a dishwasher! With my family of 8, you know that adds up to innumerable hours standing over a sinkful of dirty dishes!

It has been determined that, in the kitchen of the new house we are building, there will be an automatic dishwasher.

Delighted doesn't seem to do justice to my emotional state, as I dwell on the luxury in my future!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

for most of my life I had a dishwasher. The few times that I didn't, I actually enjoyed washing my dishes. But when I have a dishwasher, I hate washing dishes, I hate loading the dishwasher, and unloading it too. I am weird like that though, I guess, LOL
~Jennifer

Anonymous said...

LOL, Trish, I thougt you had 6 dishwashers!!!

Jill Fowler
OP, FL