Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sickness at our house. Sigh.

I can't even say we've been passing something around, as we seem to have several maladies going right now.

Russell lost his voice. He's mostly got it back now, though.

I've been struggling with a head cold. That wouldn't be such a big deal, but with my asthma, if cold goes to my lungs, I have a fairly good chance of developing something worse, usually bronchitis, but occasionally pneumonia. Happily, my cold is drying up some now, so I think I've about passed the danger zone for this. I'm still trying to take it a bit easy, though.

Bethany got up this morning with an unhappy stomach. She's been laying low all day until a few minutes ago. Then her tummy decided to empty itself out. With that behind her, Boo is starting to perk up a bit, finally.

Rachel has had a bit of trouble with the head cold, and with losing her voice. She was looking bad this morning, but I let her stay in bed for a long while, and when she got up she was doing much better, except still sounding hoarse.

The rest of the family is currently okay, I think. As we have the first container of Christmas gifts arriving this week (possibly tomorrow), we have a lot of busy days ahead of us. I hope, as we head into this very busy season, we will have left the illnesses behind!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Icker poo!! Sorry you're all feeling the nasties.
We've actually had the voiceless head cold thing here too...can bugs travel that far that fast? We started this a month ago and are finally seeing the last of it!

Oh, and nice pun on the Bethany paragraph. :~P