Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Snake Story

I promised yesterday that I would tell about the snake today. It isn't the most interesting of stories, but it has its moments.

Yesterday, Russell was working out at the property where we are building our new ministry buildings. He was working on the bodega/warehouse, when he happened to see this snake. Of course, being Russell, he had to try to catch the snake. He put his foot on the snake, near the head, to hold it down, and then he picked it up very close to the head, so the snake couldn't bite him. His friend Henrri wouldn't touch the snake, but he did get an empty Coke bottle to put him in. Russell later told me that it was hard to thread the snake into the bottle. The snake seemed to know what was going on, and would rapidly pull up into coils whenever it felt its tail going into the bottle. Eventually Russell managed to get him in, however, and brought the snake home in the bottle.

I wasn't able to get a picture of the snake, because we weren't willing to let the snake out of the bottle - we didn't know whether or not the snake was poisonous. It was a brownish-gray snake, about 2 feet long, and, at its widest point, about as thick as my little finger. The head was slightly triangular in shape.

Today, we sent the snake over to the Hayes' house, since I know their son has a great interest in snakes. I'm sure Faith appreciated my generosity. ;-D

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Trish!
I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! The little bit I know about snakes is that a triangular head usually means poisonous. Please be careful... I am feeling grateful for you and your family and keeping you all in my prayers.

Amrita said...

Hi Trish,
Found you through missionaryblogs.com.

Be careful of snakes my dear, they might be dangerous eventhough they look harmless.

God bless you all.