Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can I Be Blunt?

I've wondered whether this request was appropriate, but I've decided to go ahead with it. If you think I'm being too forward, well, please forgive me, okay?

You know that Russell and Iris are getting married next month, and you know that we are shipping down a container in late November or early December. You also probably know that most missionaries, when they move to the mission field and set up housekeeping, have a separate budget for these large, all-at-once expenses. Russell and Iris don't have a set-up budget, or any extra funds, as they are putting together their new home.

It occurs to me that, if our friends knew they could help Russell and Iris get set up in their new home, they would probably like to do something to help. So I thought, at the risk of being perceived as pushy, I'd go ahead and mention this.

Basically, at this point in time, Russell and Iris have a bed (made by Iris' father), some wire shelving, a small dining room table, and one chair. I guess you could say they need some stuff. ;-D

In case you are interested in helping with this, I've updated the "Requested Donations" page linked at the top of the blog, with items which would be a blessing to Russell and Iris. If you have something you'd like to donate for them, which isn't on the list, feel free to email us and ask about it.

Oh, and if you'd like to donate to them financially, you can use the "To Donate" button at the top of this page, and follow the links and instructions there, but substitute the words "Russell Sowers" for the words "Allen Sowers." That'll get it to them!

Thanks so much, friends!

No comments: