Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ugh. Head lice. Ugh.

This morning, as I was combing my hair, I found a bug. Then another bug. And I knew. Sigh. Head lice.

In the course of 11 years in Honduras, this isn't our first bout with lice, but you never really get over the "yuck" factor. I'm pretty sure the kids picked up this infestation during some recent visits to the baby orphanage in Santa Rosa de Copan. Since we made those visits while Katy was still here, I now get to write an awkward email to her mom.

Sigh again.

Ben is getting all his hair cut off right now. That's the easy method for dealing with lice in boy hair. The girls and I will have to get rid of our lice the hard way. I almost have the urge to take the clippers to myself . . . almost.

Now I'm off to write that email. Sigh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your'e very nit-picky.

At least you will be for the next few days. :)

It's no fun; I feel your pain, oh yes, I do. We've done this before, and it's no fun. But it happened for a good reason, right?

One of mine came home with scabies. Kind of like lice, except on the whole body and too little to see. $70 worth of quarters @ the laundromat later.....

((HUGS))

Johanna

Myflybabyaccount said...

Next time you get a shipment from the states, have someone bring you one of these: http://www.amazon.com/LiceGuard-Robi-Comb-Electronic-Lice/dp/B000P6TF8W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328807961&sr=8-1

They really work and it is so much easier than any other method that I have tried.

Jamie Jo said...

(((Trish))) This is my least favorite topic. So sorry you are going through this. Now I am itching.

Tana Mc said...

My friend Pam, your neighor, battles this constantly! I feel for you and second the recommendation of the battery powered comb to zap the critters.

Patty said...

I am so sorry to hear this. As a nurse, I have been there many times.
Have you tried Tea Tree oil? I like the idea of the electric zapper.

Denise said...

I'm laughing now because I just noticed the topic you blogged this under: "Flora and Fauna"!!! That's hilarious!!