Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Catching up on posting about the Las Flores Bridge Project

The menfolk are still working on the bridge construction, even though the rainy season is officially here! I'd like to be sharing the current, exciting, progress, but I'm committed to presenting the posts in chronological order, so I'm going to rush through the pouring of the second support wall. Here are some photos:






As the two support walls - one on each bank of the river - were completed, the men switched to creating the gigantic beams which will sit atop the walls and the yet-to-be-complete piers in the riverbed.

Here are some photos of the process of preparing the forms to pour the beams:










Below are photos of some beams being poured, and then some of the completed beams. I think these beams are amazing and impressive. For these huge beams (there will eventually be 12 of them), we will definitely be hiring cranes to move them into place.


(To the left in this photo, you can see the second completed support wall)


There you go. That gets us caught up to the point where the men started working in the riverbed. I'll try to get to that next batch of photos pretty soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I think that all of this is done with manual labor I am amazed. Go Allen and Las Flores Bridge Team!!
You guys are awesome!! I continue to pray for safety and good weather. Beth Webb

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking how are they doing that! Who is reading the manual. It really is amazing.