Monday, July 2, 2012

Aaargh! Frustrating day!

I'm having one of those days, when everything is just a bit harder (or a LOT harder) than normal. It's so frustrating.

Ben had a school-related meltdown. I know that learning multiplication facts isn't fun, but you still.have.to.learn.them. Aaargh.

We were informed, on Saturday, that we needed to handle a particular report for the IRS - right away. We thought it had been handled already, by the person who does our taxes - but no. There has been one frustration after another with getting this report filed. Hallelujah it's done now, finally.

My countertops are being repainted. This is a good thing, but it is also a several day process, and meanwhile I'm working in a kitchen where everything is piled on the table, and I can't use either the table or the countertops. Frustrating.

Allen had to tear apart the rear axle of the Land Cruiser, because the last time our mechanic was making some repairs in the vicinity of the rear axle, the mechanic messed up something other than the thing he was fixing! I don't know anything about car repairs, but Allen tells me the rear axle is now leaking oil. If you know anything about car repairs, maybe that will mean something to you. Even if you're not car repair savvy, I think you can imagine how frustrating this situation is - and it happens frequently when we have mechanics work on our vehicles, and there's no recourse here, like there might be back in the states.

It's hot. More than normal. I guess I'll be glad I'm not back in Maryland, where it's also hot, and the power is out in many locations, due to the big storm on Friday.

Sooooo, thanks for listening to me vent. I'm thinking tomorrow will be a better day, maybe.



4 comments:

J said...

Sorry you are having one of those days.

Anonymous said...

Tough days are just tough. I'm glad to know that you are normal and get frustrated with the daily grind. Me too! Saying an extra prayer for peace to reign in your heart even if the circumstances remain chaotic. Love you!!! Beth Webb

Missus Wookie said...

Hope today is a better day!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh and we're playing multiplication dice around here - using multi-sided dice to roll and work out. Seeing ME work out how to do 19x15x5 and helping me remember where the place values are and how do I carry again? has helped my tutoree improve when he has his turns too.

Lots of different math games and of course using the 'cheat sheets' that point out there aren't that many to learn off by heart once you know the patterns have helped a bit too - but he's still convinced maths and specifically multiplication is hard.