Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm a Facebook flunkout . . . but . . .

I signed up for Facebook a few years ago, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. I was heavily involved in an internet homeschooling forum anyway, and I just didn't have the time to get up and going on another online social outlet.

But Facebook is everywhere, and people keep asking us if we have a Facebook page for our ministry. Today, I'm proud to announce that we (okay, really just Rachel - oh, also Kendall. Thanks for the online help Kendall) set up a Sowers4pastors Facebook page! Taa daah!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sowers4Pastors/460968363934043


Now keep your expectations low here - we just got started on this, and we're learning as we go. But, if you would "Like" our page, that would certainly encourage us as we work to make it a more interesting and useful place for you to visit. "Liking" the page will also give you notifications of updates as we post them - if you are a Facebook user. If you don't use Facebook, you should still be able to read our page, you just can't be interactive with it, and you can't "Like" it - which sounds kinda sad, doncha think?

Oh, and we've been sooo busy the past few days - we butchered two hogs on Monday, and Rachel rendered lard (much more successfully than I did after the first butchering) - and actually produced more than five gallons of lard!!!!! Today I'm working on paperwork for requesting another batch of motorcycles for pastors, while Rachel has been working on the new Facebook page . . . oh and she and I are both sick with a cold/flu mess that just won't go away. That's all for now!

Do you "Like" us? Well, do ya? LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 gallons of lard would last me a while...and yes, we liked you before and we like you still! Feel better!

Jane Mc

Missus Wookie said...

I've liked you on FB too :)