Friday, November 2, 2012

Come see my basement

I have basement walls! Here's what they looked like, with some of the panels/forms still in place:



Yesterday the crew poured the basement walls; today, they stripped off the panels used to create the shape for the pour. Closest to you in the photo is the gap in the walls where the stairway will be located.

Here are some pictures of the work in progress:








To me, this feels huge - there's a room I could stand inside of, if I were willing to climb down in there (no stairs yet, LOL). My new house is happening!

2 comments:

Beth said...

A basement in process is a thing of great beauty especially when it is YOUR basement!!! I am so thrilled for you all. And especially that the big scorpion did not win!! Love you guys!!!

Missus Wookie said...

Knowing how long the footings took with a tanker truck and pump/hose... I'm SO impressed with your guys doing it all by hand.