Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Want to see some bugs?

I thought you might. Here you go:


Starting off with a bug that doesn't make people squirm. These butterflies are everywhere right now.


Not any one specific bug here: this is a huge termite nest I found on our property, down near the river.

We saw many of these extremely fluffy caterpillars on our recent camping trip.


Here's the same fluffy caterpillar, seen from the underside.


The same caterpillar again - when Boo picked it up with the end of a small stick, it curled up in a ball.


Just some random bug in the grass.


We found this in an old, rotten piece of wood in our campsite firepit. It was about 2" long.

I hope you've enjoyed this entomological interlude.

2 comments:

Pam L. in Maryland said...

Oh, my.......... Mackenzie will have a BLAST looking at those! Me? I'm starting to wonder why coming to Honduras seemed like a good idea!!! You have entirely too many creepy-crawlies for my liking!!

Unknown said...

No, I don't want to see bugs. If you are going to ask... I will tell you the truth. But I enjoyed the virtual tour nonetheless.