Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rachel and Brandy's wedding!

With the timing of the kidnapping, the days when we would likely have wanted to sit back and just enjoy reliving the moments of beauty and happiness from Rachel and Brandy's wedding sort of passed in other ways. Today, I want to officially welcome Brandy to the family, and tell him how pleased we are that Rachel has found such a kind and Godly man with whom to walk through life!

We don't have the photos from the photographer yet, so these are just some glimpses of the day, from my sister Pam's camera:


Rachel and friends, putting together the flowers for on the tables.

Russell and friends, stringing the lights.

Rachel and sister Kirstin, making the bridal bouquet, while Brandy "supervises." LOL


Keeping the cake cool until the reception, with no AC.

Setting up for the ceremony.
The venue: Fort of San Cristobal, Gracias Lempira

Setting up for the reception

View from the fort . . . see the overcast skies, which cooled us and did NOT ruin the outdoor reception!

Another view from the fort.

Some of the family - international visitors and local family members
The lovely cake - created by my sister, Pam Llewellyn
Brandy surprised us by showing up in uniform - it was a VERY WELL RECEIVED surprise!!!

Our lovely and very poised flower girl

Pam videotaped the actual ceremony, so the only still shot of the ceremony I have right now is this one.

Rachel and Brandy, greeting everyone after the ceremony . . . but they actually only have eyes for each other!

All set to start the reception
The morning of the wedding, Rachel realized she hadn't thought to get a knife and cake server. I knew where my box of wedding memorabilia was, and so we grabbed the set from Allen's and my wedding, pulled off the yellowed ribbons and put on fresh ones - good to go!


Serving up the food. We had the meal catered by a local hotel.

The now-famous photo of Ben, seen all over the WORLD with the prayer request during the kidnapping.

The wedding party - between shots by the photographer
Brandy, with his mother and his groomsmen (my son Christopher, and a military friend, Obando)

The photographer, guests watching the formal photos being taken




My husband Allen, son Christopher, and daughter Kirstin

Me, with guests



My newly extended family!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Love, Love, Love, these photos! The one with Brandy & Rachel laughing is my favorite wedding photo of all time!

Jules said...

So,so beautiful!! Stunning bride, handsome groom! How fun to see these snippets of the weekend.

3kidmama said...

What a fun collection of photos! I love the expressions that your sister captured on the faces of the newlyweds in particular - you can just FEEL their joy. Love the venue - even more perfect with a groom in the military! Our eldest dd gets teased all the time in our family because she really enjoys "fashion" (enjoys Vogue magazine, etc.) She was looking at the wedding photos with me and said, "Wow, Honduras really has some great looking military uniforms!" LOL We love the photos of the bride and groom on the steps - so lovely! Thrilled for the way God continues to bless your children with such good things, Trish.

I had fun reading your sister's blog post on Russell's wedding from a few yrs ago - it's great to "See" it through outside eyes. Any change she's planning on blogging about Rachel and Brandy's?

Oh, and having decorated a few wedding cakes (for local pastors) when we lived in San Pedro Sula - the fan and ice made me laugh! Your sister did a GORGEOUS job again. Just beautiful!

stephanie said...

Absolutely beautiful in every way! Heartfelt congrats to your whole family.

Anonymous said...

So glad your Daughter used your wedding cake knife and server. We got a set for our wedding and when we got ready to sell them when my daughter was in high school she said no I want to use them at my wedding. A tradition was born and both our sons and daughter used them at their weddings - a sort of good luck tradition for marriage longevity - coming up on our 41st on Monday! A new family tradition I hope will last generations - hope it does for you too!

Unknown said...

Lovely photographs. I am glad you can now think about happy things from that week.

Erika said...

Wow- what beautiful moments that have been captured for you. Absolutely beautiful family and wedding.

Melissa said...

I've been following your blog for a couple of years ... since I married my Honduran husband 2 years ago. I love hearing what God is doing through your family in Honduras. The pictures of Rachel & Brandy are precious! The fort is such a beautiful setting for a wedding.