Thursday, August 23, 2007

Wonderful News - an update

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a little Honduran baby girl, who needed a surgery to save her life. I was able to get an update on her today, and it is really terrific news!

The missionaries in Erandique were able to connect with a Honduran doctor in San Pedro Sula who was able to help. I do not believe the surgery is the same as that which the doctors at the mission hospital were planning to do, but according to the doctor in San Pedro, this surgery will allow her to function fairly normally until she is about 6 or 7, at which time she will need some additional reconstruction work.

The surgeon and the anesthesiologist both donated their services, so the total cost to save this baby's life turned out to be quite minimal, and the travel was much less than expected, as well. I am so pleased to be able to post this report! My grateful thanks to everyone who prayed for this child!

No comments: