I've been tagged by Richelle at "Our Writing Pad." Here are the rules for this game of tag:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Following the first rule was easy. Thinking of 7 facts about myself - facts that I could consider interesting enough to post . . . I found that to be much harder. I even asked for help, from my friends at the Sonlight Homeschooling Forums. Here are a few of their suggestions, intermingled with a few random facts I came up with on my own.
1. I play the harp. Well, I don't really play anymore, because my harp is in Minnesota, and I am here. But I know how to play the harp, as I studied all through my childhood, and through college. I even played semi-professionally for a few years, until motherhood made doing anything other than mothering impractical.
Me, around age 11 or so, with my harp.
2. I have no sense of smell. This makes me uniquely qualified for life in a third world country, where things like sewage and trash are often not handled in the most expeditious manner.
3. In almost 23 years of marriage, I have moved 12 times, and we are getting ready to move to a new house soon!
4. I have graduated two children from high school, homeschooled all the way. I've homeschooled for 15 years, and I have another 12 years or so to go. I'm more than halfway done!
5. We own a bull. He was a gift from the former mayor of the island of Guanaja, given to us in thanks for the work we did on the island. He is a very lovely Jamaican Red Poll, named Sir Loin. Eventually we expect to run beef cattle on our property, but for now we just have this one young bull.
6. I despise pudding.
7. I spend waaaaaaaay too much time on the computer.
So, there you go. It was a stretch for me to come up with seven things, but I did it! Now comes the hard part. I have to tag some people. I hope they won't hate me. I'm a people pleaser, and I hate to be hated (oh, that's another thing about me - I threw that one extra fact in for free).
So, I'll tag:
Rose at In the Florida Sun
Joyce at and sew on . . .
Merry at Hope Connections
Lorri at The Mac and Cheese Chronicles
Heidi at Heidi's Haven
Amy at Wandering Feet
Faith at The Hayes Zoo in Mexico
I made it! I thought of 7 people who will (hopefully) not be mad at me when they find out I tagged them!