Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm IT! Seven Random Facts


I've been tagged by Richelle at "Our Writing Pad." Here are the rules for this game of tag:


1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Following the first rule was easy. Thinking of 7 facts about myself - facts that I could consider interesting enough to post . . . I found that to be much harder. I even asked for help, from my friends at the Sonlight Homeschooling Forums. Here are a few of their suggestions, intermingled with a few random facts I came up with on my own.

1. I play the harp. Well, I don't really play anymore, because my harp is in Minnesota, and I am here. But I know how to play the harp, as I studied all through my childhood, and through college. I even played semi-professionally for a few years, until motherhood made doing anything other than mothering impractical.

Me, around age 11 or so, with my harp.


2. I have no sense of smell. This makes me uniquely qualified for life in a third world country, where things like sewage and trash are often not handled in the most expeditious manner.

3. In almost 23 years of marriage, I have moved 12 times, and we are getting ready to move to a new house soon!

4. I have graduated two children from high school, homeschooled all the way. I've homeschooled for 15 years, and I have another 12 years or so to go. I'm more than halfway done!

5. We own a bull. He was a gift from the former mayor of the island of Guanaja, given to us in thanks for the work we did on the island. He is a very lovely Jamaican Red Poll, named Sir Loin. Eventually we expect to run beef cattle on our property, but for now we just have this one young bull.

Sir Loin


6. I despise pudding.

7. I spend waaaaaaaay too much time on the computer.



So, there you go. It was a stretch for me to come up with seven things, but I did it! Now comes the hard part. I have to tag some people. I hope they won't hate me. I'm a people pleaser, and I hate to be hated (oh, that's another thing about me - I threw that one extra fact in for free).


So, I'll tag:

Rose at In the Florida Sun

Joyce at and sew on . . .

Merry at Hope Connections

Lorri at The Mac and Cheese Chronicles

Heidi at Heidi's Haven

Amy at Wandering Feet

Faith at The Hayes Zoo in Mexico


I made it! I thought of 7 people who will (hopefully) not be mad at me when they find out I tagged them!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Where are Sir Loin's horns?

Trish said...

Hi Aaron! I did a little research (as I knew NOTHING about cattle when we received our bull), and found that this is a special, hornless breed. The word "poll" in the name refers to the fact that these are hornless cattle. They are also specially bred to thrive in a tropical environment, and supposedly, they are a particularly docile breed.

Although our bull isn't friendly like a pet, we can approach him without concern for our safety, at least so far.

Anonymous said...

Trish,

You cannot under estimate the value of not fearing for safety with a bull around. I grew up on a small farm and we once had a bull nicked named "Killer."

Sir Loin is a beautiful creature by the way. How are the chickens doing?

Jill,
New Grace Church, OP, FL

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish, I finally did this meme over at my own blog. You can see it here: Seven Things