Saturday, February 28, 2009

Helping Elder with his surgery

A number of people have contacted me about donating money to help with the costs of surgery for little Elder Rivera. Mostly these are smaller amounts, but added together I'm hopeful that we can make a big dent in these costs. One person mentioned that after the surgery, there will be additional costs related to the care of Elder's shunt, so if more than the amount of the surgery is collected, it will be used to help with these costs.

I realized that I made extra work for myself by having people email me for donation information. As a homeschooling mom who lives internationally (in other words, without a lot of labor-saving devices) I really should know better than this. I should have simply put the information on how to donate right in the blog.

So, I'm going to do that now! If you emailed previously and didn't get a response, I apologize. I think I've gotten back to everyone, but correspondence isn't my strong suit, so I might have messed up!

If you would like to send a donation online, you can click on this link, and fill in the form. To designate the funds for Elder, click on "Other" and specify, in the blank, that the funds are "for Elder Rivera's medical needs."

If you would like to mail a donation, funds can be sent to:

Missionary Ventures International
PO Box 593550
Orlando, Florida 32859-3550

Make the check payable to "MVI," and write on a separate paper that the funds are for Elder Rivera's medical needs.

Thanks so very much for your help with this! I've been delighted to be able to tell Pastor Hugo about all of these offers of support, so that he can pass this information along to the Rivera family.

No comments: