Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Perfect Pumpkin Bread - a new baking method


I have a yummy recipe for moist tasty pumpkin bread, but I have had some trouble with the loaves getting a bit too dark before the center of the loaves are quite cooked. This time, though, my pumpkin bread was fabulous, and so I thought I'd share the baking method. Here you go:

Preheat the oven to 350, then put the bread into the oven. After about 5 minutes, turn off the power to the oven (it is probably NOT necessary to turn off the power to the entire neighborhood, although that is how it was done in our test kitchen). Leave the loaves in the oven. In about 10 minutes, turn the power back on, and bring the oven temp back up to 350. About 5 minutes later, turn off the power again, for another 10 minutes, leaving the loaves in the oven.
Bring the oven temp back up to 350, and bake loaves until done.

I hope this information will be useful! ;-D

No comments: