Friday, February 8, 2008

Moving?


We just got the word from our landlord this morning. He is selling the house we live in, as soon as possible. The timing for this is especially difficult for us.

For one thing, we are still in the process of making and distributing Christmas boxes to pastors. I know, I know, it's February already, but remember, we didn't receive the shipment until a few days after Christmas. We are trying to get the remaining gifts out as soon as possible, but for now, the carport, front porch, and main room of our house are all pretty trashed. I asked the landlord for a week to get things in better shape, before he brings anyone to see the house. So, as you might imagine, we are working like crazy around here. School has been thrown out the window for a few days.

The worst part of this is that we are already planning to move, within the next 6 - 8 months or so, into the buildings we are constructing on our property. If this house sells in the meanwhile, we may have to move twice!

Our hope, at this point, is that perhaps it will take a while for a buyer to be found.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about this. It's a lot of work to move...

ShelleyD said...

I hate not knowing!!!!! My husband and I are missionaries in Guatemala. I love reading your blog. I have been a fan since the pumpkin bread blog... we had a good laugh over that one. Anyway, we have already moved twice and we are fixin' to do it again... yuck! I will definitely pray that your house will not be sold until you guys can move into your new house=)

Trish said...

Thanks for the sympathy, Aaron.

And Shelley - who knew I had FANS? How cool is that? Thanks for commenting, as it's nice to know that people are actually reading all of this stuff! Thanks for praying about the house situation, too.

Anonymous said...

Dear Trish and all the Sowers!
We'll be praying too for no buyer until you are ready to go. Also for stamina to complete the Pastor's Christmas gifts. Do you have any idea why the landlord chose to put the house on the market right now?
Love Beth and the rest of the wacky Webb household.

beckyc said...

Well, of course you have fans! Including my husband and I in Alabama and apparently some other native Southerners--who else would say "fixn' to", huh shelleyd?

You guys have been put through the wringer lately. Hope you have some smooth sailing ahead.

Patty said...

I think you have more fans than you know. I am inspired by you and your family. I, too, will pray that your landlord has a real estate market just like ours in Florida, at least until you are really ready to move into your own place.

I'm another Southerner, originally from Georgia

Patty