Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh right, like I needed to know this . . .

We have rattlesnakes on our property. Last night Bethany was walking between our two buildings, at twilight, and she almost stepped on one! It was a teensy snake, about 2 feet long. I'd share a picture, but by the time the boys had killed it, the snake was pretty mashed up.

Lovely. I'm sure to sleep better now, knowing this.

Edited: I decided to include a picture of the tail end of the snake, with the mashed up parts cropped out. Here you go:

5 comments:

Lakemommy said...

Please be careful -- the baby rattlesnakes are the most dangerous in that they do not dry strike.

Time to have the snake identification lesson and awareness session.

I will pray that everyone stays safe and aware!

The Hayes Zoo said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw .....

I second the notice on the baby animals. They're more dangerous.

Yikers....Time for the kids to have their machetes strapped on. And SHOES. SHOES are a must.

Patty said...

Oh, great! First it was scorpions, now rattlesnakes!! Are you trying to get me to wear out these old, Catholic knees? I am so glad nothing bad happened. Keep safe.

Beth said...

Hey Trish
Did you ever get a generator?
I am hoping and praying that you will have power soon.

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

So glad to hear no one was bitten by the rattler! I'm pretty sure my eyes would be looking DOWN anytime I walked outside! Rattlers are scary indeed. Congrats on moving into your new place! I hope you get the generator issue worked out and can post pictures soon.

Take care,
Penny.