Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Went to the Bank Today

. . . and I stood in line for four hours. I was finally able to complete my business though, so this was good in comparison to some trips to the bank.

When I got home, Russell was running a slight fever, so he is now on antibiotics, and we are keeping an even closer eye on him.

There isn't much else to tell about my day. After spending four hours standing in line (about half of that on the sidewalk in the sun, half in the building), I didn't have the energy to tackle anything else!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish,

We will keep Russell in our prayers.

The Fowlers
Orange Park, FL

Pablo y Raquel said...

I pray that Russell is improving!

Rachel
Atlanta/Trujillo

Anonymous said...

hello Trish!
Just fulfilling the basics needs of life seem to be exhausting in a third world country. Do you ever wonder if its our cultural upbringing that makes it so stressful? The Hondurans don't seem to mind a 4 or 8 hour wait for anything or even being turned away without accomplishing their business. I am learning that when my flesh is stressed God is trying to show me something...the question I am beginning to remember to ask him is "What is the truth in this situation?" So, Trish, what is the truth?
Just thought I'd give you a little something to chew on. : ]
Keeping Russell in our prayers for complete healing and quickly.
Love Beth Webb

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

I know what you mean about long lines . Here in Costa Rica it is the same. If you have to do any kind of paper work or go to any kind of office expect to wait. Also long waits for the buses too. I have stated taking something to read or to knit. 8) Have fun with your construction.

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

I know what you mean about long lines . Here in Costa Rica it is the same. If you have to do any kind of paper work or go to any kind of office expect to wait. Also long waits for the buses too. I have stated taking something to read or to knit. 8) Have fun with your construction.