Friday, October 19, 2007

One Doofy Thing from my Day

There are several empty 55 gallon drums sitting on my front porch right now, because we use them to transport water to our construction site. I was sitting on the porch, reading "Augustus Caesar's World" to my kids for school, and sipping on a large glass of sweet iced tea.

I say 'glass' of tea, but thankfully the tea was actually in a big plastic cup, the kind you get when you buy a supersize drink at a fast food place. Yes, we are that classy, we keep and use those in our home. We also have 55 gallon drums decorating our front porch, so it all works together as a decorating theme.

It was just around noon, and the sun was peeking onto the edge of the porch, and heating up those empty drums. Suddenly, the drum next to me (with the iced tea perched on top) decided that the pressure of the heated air was enough to pop the top of the drum, making a loud burping sound. My very full glass of cold, sticky tea was tossed into the air, turned over, and came down all over me! It was a stunning surprise! ;-D

5 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Very funny!! Made me smile!! :-)

Unknown said...

Hahaha, great story.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh...!
Beth

Trish said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed my doofy moment! LOL!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the laugh - I really needed it after a day like today.
~Jennifer