Friday, March 28, 2008

A chip off the ol' block

In January, I posted some of my drawings and paintings from my college days. Today, Kirstin, my college age daughter (she's taking classes online while living here at home with the family) surprised me with the drawing she made for one of her college classes. She had to write a paper or poem, or create a drawing, showing the effects of the black death on individuals.




Kirstin hasn't had any art instruction, she just happens to enjoy painting and drawing. I try to keep art and craft supplies on hand, so that my kids can be creative when the mood strikes.

I am quite impressed with her work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow she did a great job on that!!!!
how are you all?

Trish said...

We're good, thanks! The menfolk are working hard on construction . . . I hope to have some new and exciting construction pictures to post this evening!

Brad said...

holy smoke, that's great. She should have been on the alfombra committee in your town :)

Honduras Sprout said...

That really is an excellent drawing not having any formal art instruction. Her ability to capture the perspective from under the wagon (that was carrying corpses it seems) as if the viewer is there hunched under there too. Great attention to detail with the foreground and background perspectives, wood grain detail, texture, etc. It has captured the strong emotion of the subject. Great work!