As of two nights ago, I am the only member of the family (excluding Kirstin, who lives in Florida now) to have avoided being stung by a scorpion.
Allen was sound asleep when he was stung on the top of one foot. The scorpion had crawled between the sheets of his bed. Only half awake, he tried to brush the insect off his foot with his other foot - and the scorpion stung him on the other foot, as well! Yikes!
Bethany was stung a few weeks ago, by a scorpion that came up the inside of the leg of her jeans and stung her in the thigh.
I'm still watching my step around the house, and picking up laundry piles in a very gingerly manner. So far, so good. Rachel says she's glad she got stung, as she's much less nervous about scorpions now that she's had the experience. From the perspective of not yet having been stung, I'm having trouble feeling like getting it over with is a good idea.
I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time, though.