Wednesday, July 14, 2010

We're official residents (again)!

Monday morning we all went to San Pedro Sula, and completed the process to have official residency again. The process went fairly smoothly, and now we're good for four years, because we were able to pay the annual renewal fees all at once.

After the work was finished at the immigration office, Russell and Iris headed to the lawyer's office, to begin the legal process involved in a marriage between a Honduran and a US citizen. There's a bunch of paperwork to be gathered for this.

Now that we're home, some of us seem to be sharing a nasty head cold. Like we needed that! Bethany is cooking us up a big pot of chicken soup right now, so hopefully we'll knock those germs out of our systems!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
My name is Tammy Jones. I ended up on your website because of a book review posted by "Nette" on the Homesteading blog that ended up attached to my book via google. That's the long story... Anyway, I am an author who wrote the book "Alaska Bound: One man's dream...One woman's nightmare!" which Nette commented on recently. I am not a member so I don't think I can comment directly to anyone on there, but as I began looking at other dialog, I eventually ended up looking through a lot of your pictures and reading some of your EXTENSIVE blogging. I must say, I found it to be very interesting--although I haven't gotten through most of it, I'm sure. I only wish there were some pictures of you!! Maybe there are and I haven't found them yet. Just so you know, I think you are doing fantastic work. Life in Honduras is nothing like I pictured it would be. It is really beautiful there. It appears fairly "normal"....as in the kids' activities, clothes and food. I remember how I felt about the outside world before I went to Alaska for the first time--I used to assume that all Alaskans were unapproachable almost. Not so...I've come to find out first hand. If you chat with Nette, let her know that I posted her comment on my website "reviews" page.

Hopefully this wasn't a bad spot to leave a comment. My intentions are not for you to leave it up as a post somewhere but I couldn't see where else to get a hold of you. Keep up the good work! Tammy :)
p.s. I can't help but wonder if there isn't some way you could publish something on Kindle--short stories maybe? It would be a way for you to make money for your kids camp, for instance, and there is no overhead, no shipping, no expenses of anykind, really. You can do it all from your kitchen table (on the computer of course!)If you want to contact me about it my email is: PennockIslandProductions@yahoo.com