Monday, June 12, 2017

Prayer Mail

Recently, Trish wrote a blog post entitled “The (Almost) Lost Art of Letter Writing”, in which she talked about the letters Kim Hall has been posting on the Manna 4 Lempira Facebook Page from children waiting to be matched with sponsors through the Manna program. It seems Honduran kids love to write and receive letters.

Earlier in the month, Kim posted the sweetest of letters from a girl named Lilian, who is currently awaiting a sponsor. (Fortunately, Kim wrote an English translation of the letter, since I barely passed Spanish II in college and my translation skills are sketchy at best.)

Here’s what Kim wrote:

One of the things I know I can never repay to my sponsored children is the time they spend in prayer for me. What a gift!
I am humbled by each letter we receive, filled with prayers that are repeated each night on behalf of our family. I am often comforted in hard times by the knowledge that someone precious to the heart of God is lifting me and my family up by name!
I came across this letter from Lilian, a child waiting for a sponsor through Manna 4 Lempira, and was touched by her earnest prayer for her future sponsor. Dear one, Lilian is already praying for you, even before she knows your name!
"In the first place I thank God for having chosen people like you of a good heart. For the support you have brought to each one of us we give much thanks, from the bottom of our hearts--eternally thankful.
I ask God to guard you wherever you go and each day give you more health. May he bless your lives and home. I give thanks for sending me those lovely gifts.
May God bless you and guide your steps each day. May He clear your doubts and fill you with courage from His Spirit, and overflow blessings in your home and in your life.
May God fill today with blessings--
Lilian "

Think hard. What was the last piece of handwritten snail mail you received? What was the last piece of handwritten, uplifting snail mail, expertly decorated with butterflies and flowers, in which the author asked God to richly bless you with health and courage? Lilian has now been sponsored, but there are more children waiting for sponsorship . . . waiting and praying for you, perhaps?


For $15 a month, you can provide a child with two nutritious meals per week, school shoes, a backpack filled with school supplies, and Bible lessons. It’s an opportunity to bless and be blessed by some sweet letter writer. Think of it as Prayer Mail! More information on the Manna 4 Lempira Sponsorship program, and how you can be a part of it, is available here! - posted by Christi

No comments: